Your sister is dreaming of a fluffy pair of warm socks to wear black Friday shopping. Your brother could really use a knitted hat for that after Christmas ski trip he has planned. And your mom would really love a hand knit mohair shawl in her favorite shade of blue. What else could you possible get her, she has everything right? And they know you're a knitter. Store bought just ain't gonna cut it.
But time is quickly ticking away, only 42 days until Christmas. So, unless you want to spend all night Christmas Eve trying to finish those socks for your sister or wrap up that skein of yarn for your brother with a promise to knit him a hat (I did this one year) it's time to get going on all those knitted gifts everyone will be expecting wrapped in that pretty paper.
Below is a list of 10 quick and easy knitting patterns perfect for gift giving. These patterns are simple, knit up fast and will score you some brownie points with mom. You just might be her favorite child after this holiday.
Bumble by Tin Can Knits - knit in DK this hat would be perfect for anyone on your gift list. Sized newborn to adult. $5.00
Sockhead Slouch Hat by Kelly McClure - knit in Fingering weight yarn this stockinette hat is great for tv or travel knitting. Sized for adult. Free
- Evergreen Socks by Madeline Gannon - knit in Fingering weight yarn these socks look great in semi-solid and tonal yarns. Sized for adult. $3.00
Rye Socks by Tin Can Knits - knit in Worsted weight yarn and part of The Simple Collection - a learn to knit series these socks are great for the beginner knitter. Sized for baby to adult. Free
Maize Fingerless Gloves by Tin Can Knits - knit in Worsted weight yarn another great pattern from The Simple Collection - a learn to knit series, great for beginners. Can also be knit as mittens. Sized toddler to adult. Free
- Tinsel Mitts by Andrea Mowry - knit in DK with 3 styles to choose from these are the perfect mitts for the whole family. Sized toddler to adult. $6.00
- Reyna Shawl by Noora Backlund - knit in Fingering weight yarn and designed to show off variegated yarns. Free
- Knit Me by Louise Zass-Bangham - knit in Fingering weight yarn, beautiful on its own or jazz it up with beads. Great for a beginner. £3.00 GBP about $4.04
Flax by Tin Can Knits - knit in Aran (there is also a Fingering weight version) sized newborn to adult. Free
- The Weekender by Andrea Mowry - knit in Worsted this sweater is a classic design thats big on style. A perfect knit for anyone on your list. Sized for adult. $7.00
There's many more patterns that would be great for your gift knitting projects. This is just a small sampling to get you started. If you'd like more inspiration check out my Pinterest boards.
Now start by watching this video by Tracie and Jodi of the Grocery Girls to get up to speed on your speed knitting techniques, skein up that yarn, grab your needles and get ready for the ooohs and awwhs as you say I knit if just for you.
Until next time,
Carry a little joy wherever you go!